National Cancer Survivors Day is celebrated on June 3 of each year. At Northwest Georgia Oncology Centers (NGOC), we celebrate our patients every day.
With extensive follow-up care and the availability of support groups and resources, NGOC ensures its patients and their families receive the support, education and outreach they need along their cancer journey.
Some of the patient support services offered at NGOC include:
- Pharmaceutical and financial aid patient assistance programs
- Retail pharmacy staffed by pharmacists specializing in oncology
- Transportation assistance
- Patient education library/resource room
- Assessment of psychosocial needs, financial or social concerns
- Community resources and referrals as needed (governmental agencies and non-profit organizations)
- Consultation groups – Look Good, Feel Better
- Transition help for palliative care
- Involvement in community cancer awareness and research events like Cobb Relay for Life
- Ongoing patient advocacy work to support the quality care and treatment available to patients
- Loving Arms Cancer Outreach services include emotional support, financial assistance and transportation to treatments with an opportunity to get involved via support group meetings and fundraisers